Friday, August 22, 2008

Thin Air Media's BORN

A little while ago I learned that Thin Air Media has produced a new radio documentary called BORN--a one hour public radio journey about the postpartum experience in America. The show will be distributed by Public Radio International in Sept. 2008. Please call you local public radio station to request that BORN be aired in your local community!

Last year, my local public radio station aired The Birth Tour ("part one" of sorts of this series from Thin Air Media). I got to hear it and it was quite interesting. I'm thrilled to see them address postpartum, because this is often overlooked transition point in our society. From my vantage point, postpartum is even more neglected than birth is in mainstream media and American culture.

No comments: