Here are all the details and information about how you can help from the CIMS Grassroots Advocates Committee:
The Birth Survey Now Available Nationwide!
For years, consumers have enthusiastically shared online reviews of movies, restaurants, products and services, but readily available information about maternity care providers and birth settings was nearly unattainable--but no longer. The Birth Survey is now available to all women in the US who have given birth in the last three years. Women can now give consumer reviews of doctors, midwives, hospitals, and birth centers, learn about the choices and birth experiences of others, and view data on hospital and birth center standard practices and intervention rates.
Thank you to all the tireless volunteers who have worked so hard since 2006 to make this project a reality. And thank you to all our new project ambassadors and friends who are helping to make the Transparency in Maternity Care Project: The Birth Survey a reality.
To help spread the word about The Birth Survey, please:
- Send E-mails out to your contacts encouraging them to take thesurvey (e-mail text provided at end of this message). Suggested language is provided below. An automated “Invite a Friend” email tool can be accessed here. Invite your friends with a personalized message!
- Post the downloadable web banners and buttons to The Birth Survey on your personal or organizational websites. Download these here.
- Add a link to The Birth Survey Project in your email signature and on your website.
- Distribute postcards inviting women to take The Birth Survey. These cards can be downloaded here and printed as needed or preprinted cards can be ordered from CIMS here. Preprinted materials are currently being printed and will be mailed out in about two weeks.
- Send Press Releases to local press outlets. Press releases will be sent out nationally on Monday morning 8/18. A pdf press release that can be used for distribution by anyone will be available here on Monday. We encourage those of you who have been trained as a Marketing Ambassador and have signed a MOU to request a customizable press release by e-mailing email@example.com. We will provide these ambassadors with a customizable press release in which their personal contact information can be added if they plan to act as a local press contact.
Language for Distribution Below:
Longer Project Description for Distribution:
For years, consumers have enthusiastically shared online reviews of movies, restaurants, products and services, but readily available information about maternity care services was nearly unattainable—but no longer. The Coalition for Improving Maternity Services (CIMS) has developed www.TheBirthSurvey.com, a consumer feedback website where women provide information about the maternity care they received from specific doctors, midwives, hospitals, and birth centers. Families choosing where and with whom to birth can utilize this consumer feedback, along with data on hospital and birth center standard practices and intervention rates, to make more informed health care choices.
Have You Given Birth in the Last Three Years?
If so, take The Birth Survey and provide feedback on your doctor, midwife, birth center or hospital at www.TheBirthSurvey.com.
Help Spread the Word About The Birth Survey!
Forward this e-mail and download buttons, banners, and promo cards at www.thebirthsurvey.com. Are you interested in helping to get the word out about The Birth Survey in your community or working to obtain official facility level intervention rates? To get involved, contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Support this non-profit project by the Coalition for Improving Maternity Services (CIMS) by donating or becoming a member here and sign up for e-cims newsletter here.
For information visit www.thebirthsurvey.com or email email@example.com.
Short Email Template for distribution:
I found this great site, check out www.thebirthsurvey.com
The Birth Survey works by asking birthing women nationwide to provide feedback about their doctor, midwife, hospital, birth center or homebirth service. Responses are made available online free to other women who are deciding where and with whom to birth.
The Birth Survey is…
- Available to women who have given birth in the US in the last three years
- Accessible online 24/7 at www.thebirthsurvey.com
Help spread the word about The Birth Survey! Forward this e-mail and download buttons, banners, and promo cards at www.thebirthsurvey.com.
Support this non-profit project by the Coalition for Improving Maternity Services (CIMS) by donating or becoming a member at http://www.motherfriendly.org/online_contribution.php and sign up for e-cims newsletter at http://www.motherfriendly.org/e-cims.php