I should have posted this in January, but better late than never! Here are some excerpts from the fall issue of CfM News reporting on the activities of Citizens for Midwifery during 2007:
The Board of Citizens for Midwifery met for our annual in person board meeting in September. This year we met in We also held a membership meeting and a public meeting to discuss local and national midwifery issues. The public meeting was well attended and many interesting topics were discussed. A good deal of the conversation focused on working around or ways of getting rid of the written practice agreement currently mandated in the NY midwifery statutes.
We also held a membership meeting and a public meeting to discuss local and national midwifery issues. The public meeting was well attended and many interesting topics were discussed. A good deal of the conversation focused on working around or ways of getting rid of the written practice agreement currently mandated in the NY midwifery statutes.
- Co-sponsor of NAPW’s “National Summit to Ensure the Health and Humanity of Pregnant and Birthing Women” in January 2007.
- Participated in MANA, CIMS, ICAN conferences
- Sent Representatives/Partners to La Leche League, NYS Birth Coalition Summit, & FL Governor’s Conference on Women’s Health
- Materials and/or ads provided for conferences held by MANA, ACNM, Lamaze, NOW,
for Traditional Childbearing, CAPPA, & La Leche League International Center
- Continued the Grassroots Network – over 900 on list
- Collaborated with BirthNetwork National on conferences and MFCI Evidence Basis Summary fact sheet
- Collaborated with CIMS Transparency in Maternity Care project
- Signed on to several Amicus Briefs – working with National Advocates for Pregnant Women
- Supported legislative efforts in MO & KS (letters), AL (consulted), & SD
- Reprinted and continued to provide the Midwives Model of Care brochure
- Media – RH Reality Check website article, radio interviews in WY & CA.
- CfM President Susan Hodges featured in the film The Business of Being Born.
- Maintained fiscal health
- Developed online system for ordering products and membership
- Decentralized order fulfillment, membership processing, and newsletter editing!
- Finalized Core Values
- Added new Board member – Have full Board for the first time in 2 years
- Created My Space Page
2008 has started out as a VERY busy year for CfM already and I will post an update soon about what we've been working on lately!