Saturday, May 10, 2008

Our Bodies, Ourselves: Pregnancy & Birth book news

I previously posted an excerpt of my review of the new Pregnancy & Birth book from Our Bodies, Ourselves. (My full review is available in the spring issue of CfM News.)

I just received an email from OBOS letting me know that the University of Michigan Health System is buying a huge quantity of the books to distribute to every prenatal client in their system. Isn't that great?! Wouldn't it be wonderful if other large institutions did this as well? The book is an affirming, empowering, woman centered book that is mainly based in a "climate of confidence." I would love to see that climate of confidence spread to become the norm in prenatal care and birth, instead of the "climate of doubt" in which many providers approach pregnant women, prenatal care, labor and birth.

Quantity discounts on the book are available for institutions wishing to follow the lead of the University of Michigan!

No comments: