Monday, September 7, 2009

Labor Day Videos

Since it is Labor Day, I want to share links to two videos. The first is from a homebirth rally in Canberra, Australia (read more about the situation in Australia in my previous posts. Hat tip to Gloria Lemay's blog for the video link).



The second clip is a documentary with scenes from various BOLD events. BOLD is an acronym for "Birth on Labor Day." As part of this "global movement to make maternity care mother-friendly," birth activists across the country put on performances of Birth, a play by Karen Brody, during August and September (hat tip to Woman to Woman CBE for this video link). I was extremely excited to attend a performance of Birth in St. Louis last weekend. I've wanted to see the play since I first heard about it several years ago and it didn't disappoint! The play was followed by a birth art activity and a BOLD Red Tent (birth story sharing circle).



--
Molly
CfM Blogger

No comments: