Friday, June 26, 2009

Breastfeeding Podcasts

Yesterday I discovered some podcasts on on the Motherwear blog. It is great fun to listen to podcasts while doing other work on the computer and I enjoyed finding some new ones. I listened to a thoughtful one by Penny Simkin called: Podcast: Early sexual abuse and breastfeeding. A point she makes that is that during labor if we suspect that a woman has an abuse history it isn't important to actually know if she does, she can just be treated as if she has an abuse history--and this only means she will be treated with more respect, more caring, more gentleness, and her needs are more likely to be met.

I haven't listened to any of the others yet, but I'm looking forward to all of them (especially the one about breastfeeding in the movies, which reminds me of the new film Laboring Under an Illusion that I'm looking forward to seeing):
Coincidentally, I just bought The Milk Memos at the LLL of Missouri conference earlier this month. Also in my to-read pile is Diana West's other book Defining Your Own Success. I look forward to having these podcast preview from the authors while I wait to get a chance to read their books! Speaking of books, I just finished reading Bearing Meaning: The Language of Birth and I'm currently reading Sarah Buckley's Gentle Birth, Gentle Mothering.

--
Molly
CfM Blogger

No comments: