This message is a reminder about the NARM petition to the ACNM regarding educational routes to the CPM credential (see GNM 904020). NARM will close the petition on Wednesday in order to present it to the ACNM leadership at the end of the week. So, if you haven't signed yet, read the note below and follow the link to add your name, and comment if you wish!
Susan Hodges "gatekeeper"
- From NARM:
- Dear Friend of Midwives,
- Only ONE more day to add your name to the NARM petition in support of all routes to midwifery education. NARM's hope is that this amazing response will send a clear message to the ACNM that the time has come to end internal strife and work together to move midwifery forward. By Wednesday, NARM will close the petition and prepare to present it to the ACNM Executive Committee at the end of the week at the annual ACNM convention in Seattle. If you haven't signed it yet, NOW is the time. If you have already signed it, please ask any additional family, friends, and colleagues to sign on. Let's hit 5000 names! Sign the petition here.
- NARM has taken a stand in support of all routes of midwifery education, including a formal, structured apprenticeship. We would like to be able to inform you of our progress with influencing the ACNM to change its Position Statement against apprenticeship education. We also know that as we work to make more CPMs available to more women, we will continue to face opposition to our training, our standards of individualized and woman-centered practice, and our very existence as a viable profession in the US. Your voice is what gives us the power and authority to demand a seat at the table over health care reform, access to quality maternity care for all women, and implementation of programs on the state and federal level that will enable more women to have the choice to hire CPMs for their care.
- If you would like to be notified of the results of this petition, please take a moment to register your contact information into a protected database controlled by NARM that will allow us to directly contact you with this information and other opportunities to take similar action at the state and federal level for midwifery. You will be able to select areas of interest to you and also remove yourself at any time from our subscription list. NARM pledges to never share your name with any commercial entity and to only use your contact info for the purpose of direct notification of urgent issues and updates regarding promotion of the CPM credential. Again, thank you for your continued support and for helping us to preserve apprentice based midwifery education in the US.
- Join NARM's protected advocacy list here.
- Midwives and Students! One more way to get connected is through the new NARM Forum. This forum is for open discussions about all things related to CPMs and the women they serve. Please join us!
- Thank you!
- The NARM Board
- [Please feel free to forward this]