Sunday, September 12, 2010

Posting Hiatus

I have once again come to a point in my life where, "something's gotta give." As someone who is deeply committed to multiple causes, I reach this point several times a year and have to take some steps back to assess my life's path and priorities! I read somewhere--and agree--that it is BORING to hear about how "busy" someone else is, so I'm not going to give a laundry list of all my other commitments, responsibilities, and callings (and perhaps some "excuses" as well!), but I do want to post this notification that I am going to take a posting hiatus from writing this blog until after my new baby is born in January. I have struggled a bit with writing this post, because the last time I wrote something similar (fall of last year), I then had a miscarriage at 15 weeks, followed two months later by a miscarriage at 6 weeks. I'm now 21 weeks into my fifth pregnancy and finally feel like I probably really will have a living, healthy baby in the next couple of months! A new baby brings necessary downshifting into one's life and I'm attempting to alter my schedule as much in advance of the birth as possible to be able to joyfully welcome new life as well as to take time for self-care and self-nurturing. I am planning another homebirth and look forward to yet another opportunity to experience this powerful rite of passage and life transformation. I also look forward to sharing the experience with my other children. This baby is eagerly anticipated and already much loved and there has been more heartache along the childbearing journey for our family than I could have imagined several years ago.

During my break, I welcome guest posts for this blog--they can be submitted to me here and I will gladly consider them. Please make sure any guest post is specifically relevant to midwives, midwifery, the midwives model of care, homebirth, or birth activism. I am not usually interested in "generic"/101-type posts about pregnancy or childbirth.

I will continue to post regularly to the Citizens for Midwifery Facebook page where I greatly enjoy hearing from midwifery supporters across the country. Please take a moment to touch base with CfM there!

--
Molly
CfM Blogger

3 comments:

Anna said...

Hi again,

I emailed earlier about getting an email address to submit a guest post while you are on hiatus...the one you linked to in your post does not work...it includes some odd symbols like "%". Please let me know if you have another address I can submit to.

Thanks!
Anna Guthrie

CfM Molly said...

I have some problems with the email address associated with the blog. You can email me at talkbirth@gmail.com--that almost always gets through!

Molly

Birthologie said...

Hello!
I've been following your site for a while now and love it! In case you are ever in need of a guest blogger, please keep me in mind. I've been a childbirth educator, doula, and health educator since 1997, I am the founder and director of the Holistic Living Conference and I'm a homeschooling mother of 5 . I have a newly created website at Birthologie.com where I've taken my childbirth classes online and just released my book The Way of the Peaceful Birther. In my spare 5 minutes in the day, I like to underwater basket weave and contemplate world peace through knitting ;). Anywho, check out my posts at my website, let me know if you want access to the course or my book to see if my philosophy and writing style jive with yours (or ever want either for a giveaway), and hopefully I'll hear from you!
Cheers,
Amy Jones