Friday, October 10, 2008

Grassroots Network: "Choose a Midwife" postage stamps

Dear Friends,

This was posted this week on a list I'm on, and I thought you'd be interested!

Mon Oct 6, 2008 10:51 pm (PDT)
"Stamps are a simple way of making a statement. Now, with the launch of
midwifery-themed postage stamps, supporters of midwives can send their
message across the country: 'Choose a Midwife.' The American College of
Nurse-Midwives is unveiling the new stamps in conjunction with National
Midwifery Week, October 5-11. Stamps are available for purchase online."

I have not checked out these stamps yet myself, but one person commented: "A rather brilliant bit of public relations on the part of ACNM. Check out these cool stamps. And only one of the four images is ACNM-specific. The other say "choose a midwife." Great photos, too.I am very impressed. I've got my Christmas card stamps now."

Sincerely,
Susan Hodges, "gatekeeper"

No comments: