Here are some ideas to mark this day in your community:
- Be a "day sponsor" on your local public radio station--either in honor of International Midwives Day or in honor of your own baby (but include in the day sponsor message that she/he was born at home with a midwife).
- Plan a simple community family picnic in the park (bring a banner that says what you're celebrating!)
- Send a press release to your local newspaper or radio stations.
- Wear pro-midwifery buttons or pins.
- Wear t-shirts or carry tote bags with pro-midwifery slogans on them.
- Ask every pregnant woman you see if she has a midwife!
- Make a donation to a midwifery or birth related organization (hmm...maybe CfM! ;-)
- Mark the day with a brief personal acknowledgment by lighting a candle for a bright future for midwifery everywhere.